Thursday, April 16, 2009

Budget Meeting (16/04/2009)

today is the day...
the budget meeting....
me presenting Malaysia sales...
well...i wouldnt say well done cause i didnt explain it clear enough...
but its a good start for me...
my first time presenting in front of so many manager....
the most challenging part is answering questions...
cause i still dont know much about Malaysian market..
so i can just come up with my general knowledge learn from uni...
ha-ha..not good enough u see...
cause its just inside the box where u have to think out of box once u face the business world..
theories can still be applied but not all...
thats what i learnt...
i felt intimidated because i see the way my colleagues talk and answer...
its just amused me..wondering when will it be my turn...

anyway during the presentation i feel nervous but manage to overcome it...
the feeling is different from uni presentation....
but when comes to strategies part i was doing great...the nerves didnt get into me..
i just speak naturally...good job... *self praise*
so during lunch i sat with my colleagues....they were asking how was it...
i said i screwed up but the HR manager say no grace u did great...
and its not easy presenting in front of so many managers....
ha-ha...thanks for the compliment...
but theres more to improve...
and then something funny happened...
our lunchie place has been changed to this small office...
so i sat on this manager's chair....but i was told not too...
and i took the silver plastic chair to sit....
then when everyone is done with thier lunchie....
they ask me to sit on manager's chair if i want since not so many people around...
i say neh...i shall sit on this silver plastic chair for now...
probably after 5 years or maybe shorter i dont know i will get to sit on the manager's chair...
ha-ha...i said it without hesitation.... =P
and D said so we gotta call u MISS GRACE....ha-ha....

at 2 p.m everyone is back to the conference room...
suddenly my colleague from china branch said wow grace u got promoted ar...
now doing local sales...
i said thank you very much and im doing my best...
the meeting continues....
im so shocked to see myself so energetic and AWAKE...
my yawning?? not more than thrice okay...
thats a big record....because usually during the meeting i will non stop yawning...
but this time is different..so so different...
and my seating was diagonally facing CEO...i can see that he kept looking at me while talking about MAlaysia sales....yes yes i know thats more that need to be done and change...
but all of this needs time and to see whether we want to do it ont...
easier said than to be done....ha-ha...
but u wont know if u dont try..... =)
and then when my big boss was saying about the action plans on territories...
a.
b.
c.
d. local market will be GRACE
e.
ha-ha...i felt so proud when he mentioned my name... =P
and at the same time im feeling the pressure-ness from him...
he wants to see a change in local market...
meaning high expectations on me lo.... o.O
its a good sign for me but im ready to take up the challenges...
at 3.30p.m we had a tea break....
i thought the meeting will end late cause it was delayed...
but nopes...we finish at 6.30 p.m...
its a very long day for me....
10 a.m till 6.30p.m...

then at 7p.m theres company buffet dinner...
the catering is from EDEN..
the food so so only...not to say fantastic....
then we head back to work....
i left office at 9p.m....
mentally tired but phyiscally not...
i had a long chat with my dear and msn chat with my buddy..
telling them about my budget meeting...
both of them are proud of me cause grace tan is learning.... =D

so yeah it was a great experience....
more to learn and its not easy....
i will take it as a stepping stone...
everyone starts from step by step
so
i believe i can do it....

xoxo

1 comment:

Sue Lin said...

wOW, Glad ur so happy n hyper after the meeting, i've never felt that way after meetings with the up and above. I just feel so tired after they've tested my poor failing brain

No, this shud b about u! =) Good job, keep it up and may u always be happy with what u do