Sunday, April 27, 2008

First Week at Work

I can't believe time flies....i have been working for six days already....i thought of updating my blog everyday to talk about my work but i was too tired....on the way back home my brain already half asleep....80km/h is my driving speed when i drive back home....taking my own sweet time....Malaysian drivers are idiots...especially those big ass lorries...everytime I drive slowly there will be one big ass lorry behind my 'ass' trying to bang or come closer or put high beam...ish...can't they drive slow too plus they are huge....it's dangerous for them to drive fast...whenever they try to come close i will 'play' with them...either i go even slower or i will keep the distance with the other lorry on my left and this will make the lorry hard to go faster or try to 'cut' me....because they have two ways to go either i give way or they use the left lane unless they have the balls to go right lane and 'cut' me instead....anyway this is not my first time...

okay back to the things that i want to say....oh my god....every Monday is a meeting day for everyone....first day of work was tiring for me because the meeting starts at 9.30a.m and ends at 3.00p.m....our lunch was Maccas...lol...ever since i came back from Perth i hardly go maccas because there are not much choices to choose....i tried the apple pie and ice cream...don't like it....prefer Perth....NO CARAMEL SUNDAE~~~~ =< ..... *sweat* I'm suppose to talk about my work how come this maccas food topic pop out...anyway I was not the only one whose new...there was another two new girls got recruited...basically the meeting is for three of us to understand their whole job scope...and we are divided to three teams....this is not fighting teams okay....everyone is helping each other...no competition....ha-ha...finally i know what they are doing....i would say this is a retail consultant job and they do everything for shopping malls....i was like oh okay this job quite challenging and heaps of hard work plus thinking...it's not easy...from the one weekof self learn i realize this coming weeks will be tough for me because i have heaps to learn...especially the blueprint layout...it's not easy to understand...too complicated...ha-ha you guys must be wondering why am i studying all these......oh ya by the way the job i applied was suppose to be management trainee but during the interview the interviewee 'upgrade' it to marketing officer with no experience instead...well I admit that i don't have much working experience though i list down some of it...but to them it's not and we are fresh graduate so we HAVE to learn everything from scratch...the pay for me is quite okay but as long as i perform well definitely they will increase my salary...oh well...no experience cant expect so much....and right now gaining more experience is important.....so back to my 'storytelling' again....you guys must be wondering why I'm learning all this.....well we are retail consultant so we have to understand the blueprint layout because architect's work are not perfect so we need to analyze and explain why we change this and that *this is where arguments happened*....calculate the shop lots....decide which tenants to be placed....need to read the research done by the market researchers before deciding....make follow up calls if they interested...meet the tenant.....comment about brochures....(related to design)...ha-ha even designing a brochure is also part of our job....mechanical engineering like fire exit, lifts, AHU, Air conditioning and etc etc....site visit to learn the whole construction thingy....i haven't got the chance to 'explore' yet..

well the most I did was calculations...ha-ha i haven been calculating for ages....since..... Finance Introductory 201......eh wait a minute....the last time i calculate was SMALL BUSINESS and STRATEGIC MARKETING.....whoa....first semester in CUrtin was a disaster....he-he lazy to talk about it....oh ya another one is BUSINESS CAPSTONE....but all of these are not related because the ones i count was triangle, squares, rectangles and trapeziums...ha-ha...mathematics calculation.... after multiplying(squares and rectangles) or divide by two (triangle) i have to multiply 10.764....one meter per square equals to 10.764 per square feet...ha-ha...this formula must be remembered in heart....learn the market research, blueprint layout, tenant mix, basically the whole project....currently my team is doing a very big project.....so one good thing is i get to learn from scratch how a shopping mall is build...

basically this whole week was just self learning… The official training day will be on 30th April (Wednesday)...
my boss say bear with us within this one week plus…oh well I can see that everyone is busy and deadlines are very near especially our team….I walked around and ask what are they doing, why, how and when…. It's not wrong to ask questions and must not hesitate…. =D I think I will like this job because it's more suitable for women….get to know the latest fashion trends, new foods and new people…. We are invited to fashion shows on Thursday and Friday night…great experience….this is my first time to actually watch fashion shows though I do a lot of shopping but I didn't bother to watch….he-he got invited means drinks(wine, champagne, Fruit punch) and tidbits are served…. So….during the both fashion shows I drank two glass of wine…I wanted more but too bad I can't because I'm driving…. My colleague told me I was blushing…ha-ha... I haven't been drinking for such a long time already…grrrrrrrrrr……. *thinking of vodka cruiser now* I love some of the clothes…I wish I'm rich~~~~~


ha-ha I still have more to say but I think it's getting longer and longer… so I shall stop here…

P.S: There's three males in the office…mostly are females…because this job is more suitable for women…. Sounds like discrimination right….. he-he....

Manchester United Vs Chelsea.....1-2..... *sigh*

cheers….

No comments: